THE PROBLEM: When attempting to start Sierra Chart, not sure what version you are running.
THE CURE: Follow the step-by-step instructions provided below to verify the Sierra Chart installed on your computer and what to run.
STEP 1: Checking the Executable Files from Installed Folder
- The Sierra Chart installer installs both the 32 and 64-bit versions. So either of these can be used. Although only one can be used at a time though.
There are 2 Ways To Do Verify the Version.
Within the C:\SierraChart\ folder (default installation folder) you will have the following two executable files:
- SierraChart.exe and SierraChart_64.exe.
There are shortcuts for these executables in your desktop.
- Running the SierraChart.exe file, will start the 32 bit version of Sierra Chart.
- Running the SierraChart_64.exe, will start the 64 bit version of Sierra Chart.
STEP 2: If you have already run the Sierra Chart from your desktop, you can tell which one you are running by selecting Help >> About on the menu.
STEP 3: Suggested Version To Run
- It is recommended to use the 64-bit version. The disadvantage is that any existing custom studies compiled for the 32-bit version of Sierra Chart are not going to work on the 64-bit version unless the 64-bit version of them is built. 32-bit studies on the 64-bit version simply will not be loaded.
STILL NEED HELP? Create a support ticket by emailing the Help Desk team at Help@TASMarketProfile.com.